Reporting rural crime to us
If possible, make a note of the following:
- Is the suspect (s) alone or in a group?
- Are they trespassing?
- Do they have equipment, dogs or firearms with them?
- Are you aware of where suspects have been or where they are heading?
- What do they look like?
- Have they any vehicles? What are the number plates and vehicle models?
- Can you safely get a photograph?
- CONTACT NUMBER FOR EAST KENT RURAL TEAM: East Division 07980978202 (Canterbury, Ashford, Dover, Thanet, Shepway)
Country Eye app
Developed in collaboration with the Crime Rural Advisory Group (CRAG), the app allows members of the rural community to share information on crime, suspicious behaviour and damage.
Any information uploaded to the app is stored in a secure central database and accessed by Country Eye volunteers who have been fully trained by us.
Information is broadcast to other app users so they are alert to suspicious activity as well as collated for police officers to get a better picture of rural crime and where and how it is taking place.
Complete with a knowledge section, the app is simple to use, free and is available for Android and iOS. This app cannot be used to report crime.
You can report a crime to police online or call 101 for non-urgent issues. Dial 999 if crime is taking place.
This activity can damage historic sites beyond repair, or even mean that a prized piece of history is lost forever.
To join Heritage Watch or find out how you can get involved, visit the Heritage Watch website.